Struggling with what to get an expectant mum at the Baby Shower? In this post we look at some great ideas for the perfect Baby Shower Gift.
1. Meals for a month – fill the freezer with healthy yummy food and
2. Professional house cleaning – take mum out for lunch while someone cleans the house
3. Gift certificate – so they can get what they want!
4. Basic clothes such as a singlets and sleep suit – but in a bigger size as mum will likely get heaps of newborn size and babies generally grow bigger not smaller
5. Nappies – pretty obvious – but that’s why everyone will bring them!
6. Books for baby
7. An emergency ‘situation’ bag – full of nappies ect and to keep in the car – just in case
8. Swaddles, wraps, or other bedding – try the ergoCocoon 2 in 1 Swaddle and Sleep Bag
9. Baby Carrier (e.g. a BabyBjorn) – makes getting out of the house so much easier
10 .Baby toys such as a soft book – make sure they are suitable for age 0M+
11. Baby food preparation items e.g. baby food blenders, bottle sterilisers, bottle warmers
12. Baby bottles such as the B.Box Baby Bottle and Formula Dispenser
13. Play mat or play gym – baby will love them
14. Baby change table cover
15. Travel change mat and nappy wallet like the B.Box Nappy Wallet – for mums on the go
16. A basket of goodies – include items such as lotions, a soft toy and maybe a chocolate or two for mum
17. Baby Bibs – can never have enough of these with a new baby in the house
18. A nappy bag – but make sure its practical and a style mum will love
19.A pregnancy pillow – which turns into a baby feeding pillow
20.A cloth nappy service for a month – but check with mum first!
21. Baby ‘oppsie’ supplies – baby panadol, a thermometer, balm and some nappy rash cream – because the first time they will need it the chemist will be closed!
22. A nappy stacker – looks great in the nursery and helps store all those nappies
23. A baby care pack – include a comb or brush, nail clippers, nail file and some wipes and baby powder and your set
24. Cute outfit – but keep the colours and style neutral unless you know the sex of the baby.
25. Baby booties – not exactly practical items but oh so cute.
26. Baby hats – Baby + Hat = CuteSquared
27. Nursery decorations such as wall decals – but be sure you know mums taste or they will likely never be used
28. A nappy cake – full of nappies with a soft toy or two
29. Some good quality hooded baby towels
Baby comforters and teethers
30. Baby security blankets or loveys such as the Aden + Anais Issie Security Blanket
31. Baby comforter or security toys such as the Aden + Anais Musy Mates
32. Teething Pacifier – they won’t use it for 6 months but still a great gift
33. Parenting magazine subscription
34. A parenting help book – try www.peterdowney.com.au/so-youre-going-to-be-a-dad...
35. A baby food cookbook
Something for mum that is for mum (i.e not about the baby)
36. Prepaid massage, pedicure or facial – mum wants it but won’t ask
37. Date night certificate – you baby sit, they go out and have fun!
38. Books for mum – fifty shades of grey……
Something as a keepsake
39. Gift from the heart – you know better than me what this should be
40. A Book About Me – idea for recording every baby’s unique journey
41. Photo frames or albums
42. An online gift certificate for a photo to be printed on canvas
43. Gift certificate for a family or baby photo-shoot
44. A baby scrapbook
45. Plant a tree – for something truly unique, plant a tree and dedicate it to the new baby
46. Baby time capsule – everyone puts in something today for baby to open on their 18th birthday or wedding day
47. Handmade blankets
48. Handmade baby booties
49. Handmade baby hats
50. A daddy nappy bag – it’s a nappy bag but man style!
Do you have a great suggestion for a Baby Shower Gift? Join the conversation below!